Thoughts on getting back to blogging, and a cake

It was not fun being away from blogging on and off for about 2 years. There were lingering thoughts in the back of my mind about recipes to share, stories to tell, and photos to capture. In the year before I went missing from the blogosphere, I made the most friends I ever did in a span of 365 days, and loved it. We exchanged emails, made phone calls, shared laughter, recipes, everyday ups and downs, all the while learning a thing or two from each other. Thank you folks, you have touched my life in more ways than you think.

April28 002 copy

When I look into my routine now, I realize that there is just enough time to accommodate blogging into it. After all, you are only as busy as you think you are. Life’s little rushes will keep on catching me at times, but I will try to post as often I can. Please stay tuned. Just for a start, here is a cake I made for our wedding anniversary this year. My mind was set on a coral color chiffon wedding sari from the Sixties that I saw a while ago, very similar to the ones those charming leading ladies draped around and danced on in the Hindi movies from that period.

Heart cake

Happy anniversary V&S !

To Pramila, Thank you.

18 comments:

V & S said...

Thanks Archana for the wishes... Will call you on our next stop.

V & S

Sonia said...

A beautiful gesture!:) So elegant cake. :)
(www.sevenspice.wordpress.com)

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

I have been admiring your cakes for a while, and this one is very pretty. Does remind me of those chiffon saris.

Anonymous said...

Wow, such a beautiful cake.. I have so missed seeing your cakes.. thanks for coming back!

Archana

Parita said...

Beautiful cake! looks gorgeous!

Poornima Nair said...

The cake is a beauty...love the colours.

varnam said...

Amazing.....Cake is so pretty...mind blowing!!! Keep Posting.

Anonymous said...

amazing cake as usual ....so happy to hear that u r coming back .

The Green heart! said...

hi archana, i m a huge fan of ur blog.. infact urs was the first food blog i started to read and was amazed at the pics!! you should try food photography as a profession I guess. In fact the 2 years u were absent from blogosphere, I used to check frequently for any new recipes.. and yesterday i was in for a surprise.. thanks for being back agn.. meanwhile, I am not able to see the pic of thelatest cakes.. dunno y, the earlier photos are visible, not these!! can u do something to ensure that I get to see those gorgeous cakes. I mean if it can be rectified at ur end?? i erally really want to see them!!

Jayashree said...

What a beautiful, beautiful cake....I've missed your pics. Good to see you back.

bee said...

beautiful. archana,you have mail.

ramya said...

Hi Archana,
Your cakes are very pretty.The colour is very nice and the flowers are loooking real.

Nirmala said...

What a lovely cake! Wishing you many more happy returns of the wonderful day Archana! The cake looks draped in a wonderful coral silk. The flowers etched and the beads that decorate the borders were wonderful enough to say 'Gorgeous'!

lan said...

artistic and appetizing as always!
good to see you back. you pics as well as write ups are among best in blogosphere.

Zoyah said...

Hi Archana!

My mum just stumbled upon your blog today and sent it to me! We're just getting into cake decorating and we really love your cakes/cookies/treats!
I had a question for you. The pink heart cake that you made is lovely and I was wondering how you did the flowers that are all over the cake (the white ones). Was that with icing (buttercream or royal) or was that with fondant? They look amazing!

Happy Baking
Zoyah
(my blog is honeytopsbyzoyah.blogspot.com)

archana said...

Freinds,thank you for your kind comments, i hold them dear.
GF
Could you please email me if you cannot see the photos still ?

Zoyah,
Saw your blog today, you are very talented, loved your cupcakes. Keep going.Those white flowers are directly painted over to the cake using buttercream, please let me know if you need more details. Will you say hi to your mom ?

Shabs.. said...

Archana, U r soooo talented ...I wish if u could post the recipe of the cakeand how you did the frosting...was it a fondant, the pink one?..What a professional piece of work!!

Preeti Kashyap said...

awesome cake!!! looks lovely!

Slider

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...