You can never eat just one


apple chips1


Apple chips are very easy to make, easier if you have a mandoline, but easy nonetheless. I have always used my knife for this purpose, but at times demand for the chips exceeds my supplying power, and my chopping skills go astray. If a certain someone in my household is reading this by chance, look no further to see what is in my wish list for this year’s Christmas. Wow, we are talking Christmas already, with due respect to all the months in the calendar, where did this year go?

apple chips2


Recipe

Apples (like Gala or Pink lady or Granny smith) – as many as you like

Pre-heat the oven to 200 degreeF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If using a mandoline slicer, slice the whole apple into very thin rounds. If using a knife, it is easier if you halve the apple first, anchor the half on the flat side on a chopping board and slice lengthwise as thin as possible. Now arrange the pieces without overlapping on the baking sheet. Bake/dry for 1 hour in the oven. Check to see if the pieces are sticking to the paper. Loosen the pieces if necessary, dry for 10 more minutes or till the pieces are crispy. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Ria Mathew said...

I have made them at home,they are SO good! Remember you giving me tips on FB? :)


I love your second picture! I really think you should give us a tutorial on how to click pics atleast half as beautiful as you click :)

Anjali Koli said...

We get jackfruit chips here from natural brand. I thinking these will also appeal to me.

Priya Suresh said...

Woww sooo beautiful looking chips..

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Magnificent! I love fruit chips and those look so tempting.

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by Archana.What a beautiful blog u have.I am a big fan of apples.These chips look soo good

delphcotecuisine said...

the pictures are so gorgeous
bises from France
Delphine

Slider

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...