Berry quick muffins!


berrymuffin4

Sarah’s school opens in sixteen days, that is about seven days to be precise, but sixteen because that is her favorite number for the past couple of days or so we are told. She is so looking forward to seeing her bosom pals again and to saying Hello to her teacher Ms. Charcie whom she plans to adopt someday.
berrymuffin1

Before we fall back into the school year routine (she is going to pre-school, I know we are not even half way there as far as routines go), we thought of catching up on necessary life sustaining skills and made some berry quick muffins together.
berrymuffin2

This is a recipe any three year old kid can make, with a little bit of help from adults. These muffins are only mildly sweet, superfast to put together, and splendid to eat warm out of the oven, with a dab of butter on top. We had so much fun making them, and my child says that she will be making it again.

berrymuffin3

Blueberry quick muffins

Recipe 

Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
Blueberries – 1 cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Salt – ½ tsp
Baking powder – 3 tbsp
Butter – ¼ cup- melted
Egg –slightly beaten – 1
Milk – 1 cup

Heat oven to 350C. Lightly butter a muffin pan (regular size/12 muffin cups per pan) Mix 1 ¾ cup of flour with baking powder, sugar and salt. Add milk, melted butter, and egg to the flour mixture. Combine everything together with a wooden spoon until just combined, do not over mix. Now sprinkle 1/4 cup flour over berries, gently toss to coat. Add the berries to the batter, gently fold in. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups till about 3/4th full. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted at the center of the muffins comes out clean. Keep the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Unmold, serve warm with a dollop of butter or enjoy after the muffins cool down. 
Substitute blueberries with peaches, mangoes, other berries etc. 
This recipe is adapted from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook



8 comments:

My Kitchen Antics said...

That does look great n im already dreaming about how it would taste with a dab of butter :)

Indu said...

This looks very good. Maybe I will try it my 3 year old :)

Rachana said...

Yr little one is adorable :-)

I would love to have one muffin now. They look so inviting.

Priya Suresh said...

Ur lil one soo sweet, muffins looks irresistible..

Finla said...

They looks super super yumm and I love that your daighter is helping you. Loved when Shyama was small and we used to bake together.

Justbeanme said...

Wow ur little wonder helps u... LOVE THAT THE BEST!!
The pictures are so tempting ....!!

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't that be 3 tsp instead of 3 tbsp bak pwdr?

DreamMaker said...

Sarah is so cute. I have been just reading your blog. More and more I read, more I get super impressed by you. I haven't even yet made any fondant, not even many Indian deserts, even though it's already 3 years since I am cooking.

My mind was always prejudiced to think fondant doesn't taste great, but I have always been tempted by looking at it. If you think cooking is art, I would say it won't be complete unless you learn how to decorate cakes. In fact I used to think that the stuff that is on your blog like puffs, cookies, and all continental deserts can never be made at home and needed special machines for that :)

What's your frank opinion? Does this decorated cake taste better than plain simple one?

By the way, I am writing so much without introducing myself. You may recognize me from youtube user VegeterianRecipes: uploader of your zucchini curry recipe

Slider

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...